Mushroom SoupRecep DEMİR
- 90 ml palm oil
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 gr mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1l hot chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp single cream
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onions and garlic until soft but not browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for another 3 minutes until softened. Sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken stock, bring the mixture to the boil, then add the bay leaf and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf, the remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and blitz using a hand blender until smooth. Gently reheat the soup and stir through the cream. If you want, add parsley while serving it. Enjoy!