Hummus with Red Palm Oil
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red palm oil
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 lemon
- sea salt to taste
- a bit of water
- Drain the chickpeas then boil for 5 – 7 mins.
- Drain out of the water into a blender, add in the garlic and olive oil with a bit of water. Blend for a few minutes.
- Add in the red palm oil and lemon and blend until smooth. Check the texture and add a little bit of water if necessary.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle the paprika over the hummus followed by enough olive oil to cover the top of the hummus.
- Enjoy with bread, crackers and crudités.
- For a twist, you can add some quinoa into the mix but it’s not necessary.
Share this post