Chocolate and Sweet Basil MuffinsRecep DEMİR
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 200 gr sugar
- 125 ml palm oil
- 300 gr flour
- 100 gr cocoa powder
- 50 gr sweet basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 100 gr pecan nuts – blind fried and roughly chopped
- 180 gr chocolate chips
- icing sugar
- Beat eggs until pale and fluffy for 3 minutes, then add sugar. Beat in milk then gradually beat in palm oil.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, salt and baking powder together. Fold them into egg mixture. Mix in the pecan nuts, sweet basil and chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin tin. Bake at 180°C until crusty on top and a tester inserted comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes. Sift icing sugar over the muffins.